For many, the prospect of falling ill on holiday is a real worry. This worry is often enhanced by the stress that comes with travel, breaking away from regular fitness routines, and concerns about maintaining wellness whilst journeying. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to mitigate these worries, ensuring that your travels are as healthy and enjoyable as possible. Here are some crucial tips for staying healthy on the go, and airport tips for wellness while travelling to help you deal with these concerns.
Airport Tips for Wellness While travelling: How to stay healthy
If you expect your time at the airport and on the plane to be as pleasant and healthy as possible, these recommendations will be useful for you and those who accompany you on your trip. Keep reading and take note for your next holidays on Lanzarote.
Aeroplanes and airports can often be breeding grounds for germs and bacteria, which could lead to you falling ill. To prevent this, it’s advisable to carry disinfectant wipes with you whilst you travel. Upon boarding the plane, wipe down areas you’re likely to touch, including your seatbelt buckle, the air vent, your food tray, as well as the flush button in the toilet. These are regularly the spots most likely to harbour microbes on an aircraft.
In addition, be mindful not to touch your face after touching objects such as door handles, taps, or toilet seats without washing your hands. Remember to wash your hands regularly and thoroughly. It’s also a good idea to carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer for those times when soap and water aren’t readily available.
Walk and Wear Compression socks
Air travel can involve sitting for a long time, which can lead to various health issues. This is particularly true when you’re confined to the often cramped seats of economy class. Sitting for long periods can increase the risk of developing blood clots in your legs. This risk is higher for individuals over 50 years old, those on certain birth control pills, or those who are overweight.
Taking a walk before boarding, and also during the flight when possible, can reduce this risk by stretching your muscles and promoting blood circulation. Wearing compression stockings during the flight can also improve blood flow and reduce the risk of clots.
Getting some shut-eye on a short flight or resting during a long one is essential for arriving refreshed and relaxed. To aid your sleep, consider bringing a travel pillow with you.
A travel pillow can help support your neck and maintain an optimal sleeping position, preventing neck pain or discomfort. You can also bring a blanket.
Take Care of Your Ears
The constant noise produced by the aircraft during flight can lead to temporary hearing problems. To avoid this, it’s important to protect your ears. Rather than increasing the volume of your headphones, consider using earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones.
Noise-cancelling headphones can reduce noise levels and protect your ears, particularly during take-off and landing, when noise levels are often at their highest. You can also chew some gum to avoid the pain in your ears.
Stay Well Hydrated
Air travel can typically lead to dehydration, due in part to the dry air inside the aircraft cabin. This dry air can lead to your nasal mucosa drying out, which can make you more susceptible to bacteria and viruses.
To prevent this, ensure you drink plenty of water during the flight, and avoid diuretic beverages like alcohol and coffee, which can further dehydrate you.
In addition to staying hydrated, eating healthy can also contribute to your overall wellness during your travels. Fruits and vegetables can help maintain your body hydrated, so consider packing some fresh fruits, salads or raw vegetables as snacks for your trip.
Avoid fast food, and also try not to eat so much sugar.
Find Ways to Relax
The stress of planning, packing, navigating through airports, and adjusting to unfamiliar environments can all take their toll on your mental health. Relaxing techniques like meditation and mindfulness can be beneficial to stay calm and centred during these potentially stressful times.
Consider exploring apps or guided meditation videos to help you relax, whether you’re waiting at the airport or settling in for your flight. The best thing is that you can do this anywhere.
Tips for a Trouble-Free holiday
Keep in mind this tips for avoiding stress and trouble while you go abroad on holidays:
- Planning ahead is key to ensuring your trip goes smoothly. Take the time to research your destination, make an itinerary, and even purchase tickets for attractions or activities in advance. For example, if you’re travelling to the Canary Islands, consider booking Lanzarote excursions to explore the beautiful island more deeply.
- Eating out is one of the joys of travelling, but it can sometimes lead to digestive issues. To avoid this, opt for simple, light meals, and remember to indulge in sweets and alcohol in moderation.
- Regardless whether your trip is for business or pleasure, finding time to walk or exercise can be beneficial. Not only does it help you stay fit, but it also allows you to explore and appreciate your surroundings. Pack some comfortable walking shoes and workout clothes to make this easier.
- Another helpful tip is to carry a first aid kit with essential items and basic medications, particularly if you’re travelling with children. Don’t forget to pack any prescribed medications if you’re undergoing treatment for any specific health condition.
- Lastly, consider hiring a transfer service from the airport to your accommodation. This can make your arrival smoother and less stressful. For example, if you’re visiting Lanzarote, hire a service of private transfers in Lanzarote for a convenient and stress-free start to your holiday.
Following this guide, staying healthy on the go with Airport Tips for Wellness while travelling can help you stay healthy and relaxed throughout your journey. Prepare in advance to ensure that you arrive at your destination feeling well and ready to enjoy your trip to the fullest.
Our company seeks to deliver the best service you can find on the island today. We seek to optimise our clients’ time and resources, which is why we respect the schedules and offer the best prices for different transfers.